6 years (2017-2023)
Integrated, equitable and sustainable management of water resources
Resilience of ecosystems, agricultural landscapes and livelihood systems
to climate change
Resilience of communities to floods and landslides
Watershed management committees
Civil society (NGOs, CBOs)
Enhancing Resilience of Communities to Climate Change through catchment based integrated management of water & related resources in Uganda – EURECCCA
The “Enhancing Resilience of Communities to Climate Change through Catchment-based Integrated Management of Water & Related Resources in Uganda | EURECCCA” project has the overall objective of increasing the resilience of communities to the risks of floods and landslides in the catchments of Awoja, Aswa and Maziba by promoting the of these basins and associated resources.
In addition, the project aims to contribute to increasing the resilience of ecosystems by supporting the sustainable management of forests, wetlands and riverbanks, to increasing the resilience of agricultural landscapes by helping communities develop and implement sustainable water harvesting, flood control and biophysical conservation structures, to increasing the resilience of other community livelihood systems by supporting income-generating activities (IGAs) and to build the capacity of extension services and institutions at the local, catchment, water management area and at the national level to better support local stakeholders.
The main objective of the project is to increase the resilience of communities to floods and landslides in Aswa, Awoja and Maziba catchments through promoting catchment based integrated, equitable and sustainable management of water and related resources.
Specific objectives :
- Increasing the resilience of ecosystems by supporting sustainable management of forests, wetlands and riverbanks
- Increasing the resilience of agricultural landscapes by supporting communities in the development and implementation of sustainable water harvesting, soil bio-physical and flood control structures
- Increasing resilience of other community livelihood systems by supporting income generating activities
- Capacity building for extension services and institutions at local, catchment, water management zone and national level to better support local stakeholders.
Expected results :
- A comprehensive planning system that integrates climate change issues, is established,
- The resilience of forest, wetland and stream bank ecosystem services to climate change, is improved,
- The adaptation capacity of communities and other stakeholders to the impacts of climate change, is strengthened.
- Adaptation Fund - AF
- Ministry of Water and the Environment - MWE
1st supervision mission
2nd supervision mission
3rd supervision mission
Mid-term supervision mission
4th supervision mission
5th Supervision mission