33 Member States
- 26 African countries: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda , Central African Republic, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Chad & Tunisia.
- 7 non-African countries: Germany, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, Luxemburg & Switzerland.
13 member Organizations
- Centre d'Actions et de Réalisations Internationales (CARI)
- The Permanent Inter-State Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS)
- The Lake Chad Basin Commission (CBLT)
- The Community of Sahel-Saharan States (CENSAD)
- Regional Center for Remote Sensing of North African States (CRTEAN)
- Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Environnement et Développement du tiers-monde (ENDA)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Pan-African Agency of the Great Green Wall (PAAGGW)
- Réseau Sahel Désertification (ReSaD)
- United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Arab Maghreb Union (AMU)
- The Regional Coordination of Users of Natural Resources of the Niger Basin (CRU-BN)
- States can become members by submitting an official notification to the OSS Executive Secretariat.
- African sub-regional organizations specializing in combating desertification and mitigating the effects of drought, United Nations organizations and intergovernmental organizations can become members by submitting an official notification to the Executive Secretariat.
- Only intergovernmental organizations whose activities comply with the objectives of the Sahara and Sahel Observatory and whose application for membership has been approved by the General Assembly, can become OSS members.
Are admitted as members :
- States and intergovernmental organizations that have notified their contributions to the OSS budget in writing.
- International non-governmental organizations whose official membership application has been sent to the OSS Executive Secretariat and approved by the General Assembly.
- Only international non-governmental organizations operating in the field of science and whose activities are compatible with the OSS objectives, can become OSS members.
Become a member